The Australian Government has met its election commitment and released a new Defence White Paper.
The 2016 Defence White Paper sets out the Government’s vision for Australia’s security over the next twenty years and its strategy to defend Australia and its national interests.
Information on the Australian Government’s plan for Defence, including investment in a more powerful and agile Australian Defence Force is available below.
- Strategic Outlook [ PDF 130KB]
- Capability Overview [ PDF 130KB]
- Key Enablers [ PDF 130KB]
- Air and Sea Lift Capability [ PDF 130KB]
- Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Space, Electronic Warfare, and Cyber Security [ PDF 130KB]
- Maritime Operations and Anti-Submarine Warfare [ PDF 145KB]
- Strike and Air Combat [ PPDF 120KB]
- Land Combat and Amphibious Warfare [ PDF 137KB]
- People [ PDF 127KB]
- Defence Industry [ PDF 130KB]
DEFENCE WHITE PAPER (pdf document 191 pages)